– , the medtech industry’s nonprofit global competition and accelerator, announced a call for emerging companies to apply to the 2017 competition by the Feb. 28, 2017 deadline. MedTech Innovator will award more than $500,000 in cash prizes and does not require equity from participating companies.
Early to mid-stage medical device, diagnostic, and digital health companies that address at least one of the following key themes are eligible to apply:
- Chronic disease management
- Cognitive devices and platforms
- Consumer healthcare
- Healthcare efficiency and cost reduction
- Infectious disease management
- Patient safety and satisfaction
- Precision and personalized medicine
- Population health
- Next-gen surgical
- Technology-enabled services
Applications are reviewed by more than 50 leading companies, including manufacturers, providers, and investors such as Johnson & Johnson, RCT Ventures, BD, Baxter, Abbott, Sofinnova Partners, Medtronic, Windham Venture Partners, Edwards Lifesciences, and Aphelion Capital. The top 100 companies move on compete in 10 regional Pitch Events in the United States and Europe throughout March and April. Pitch Event winners progress to the opportunity to be selected for the Showcase, Accelerator and three competitions: the first is April 26, 2017, at the MedTech Strategist Innovation Summit in Dublin, Ireland; the second is June 2, 2017, at the Wilson Sonsini Medical Device Conference in San Francisco, California; and finally, the Showcase and Finals at AdvaMed 2017 in San Jose, California, Sept. 25-27, 2017.
MedTech Innovator is the largest platform of its kind, providing participants with broad exposure and mentorship from the leading players in the medtech industry. The competition includes several rounds:
- – 100 companies are invited to compete at regional Pitch Events, gain access to online accelerator resources, and receive complimentary registration to the AdvaMed Accel Leadership Seminar on day one of AdvaMed 2017.
- – 50 companies are additionally awarded a slot in the MedTech Innovator Showcase at AdvaMed 2017 and full access registration to the conference.
- – 20 companies are selected to the industry’s leading accelerator program as the class of 2017, including four months of mentoring, exclusive participation in the three-day MedTech Innovator Accelerator Kick-Off in San Francisco, and a chance to compete onstage for cash prizes.
“MedTech Innovator is an exemplary showcase of the emerging talent that the medical technology industry has to offer and an opportunity to accelerate the development of life-changing and life-enhancing technologies,” MedTech Innovator CEO Paul Grand says. “This competition and accelerator presents participants a host of opportunities to make connections with investors and partners, gain industry know-how and increase exposure, and I encourage medical technology startups to apply.”
The MedTech Innovator Showcase and MedTech Innovator 2017 Competition Finals are held in partnership with and the AdvaMed annual conference. Four finalists are selected to compete on the plenary stage, and the audience votes in real time for the MedTech Innovator 2017 Grand Prize Winner.
“The MedTech Innovator Accelerator and Competition complements AdvaMed Accel’s mission to support the strategic development and fundraising efforts of these innovative small companies,” AdvaMed Accel Executive Director Ashley Wittorf said. “We are proud to continue this partnership with MedTech Innovator and look forward to working with participating companies throughout 2017.”
MedTech Innovator is the industry’s nonprofit global competition and accelerator for medical device, digital health and diagnostic companies. Our mission is to improve the lives of patients by accelerating the growth of companies that are transforming the healthcare system. MedTech Innovator 2017 features 100 companies that address one or more of the transformative themes identified in an annual survey of leading manufacturers and providers.
Source: MedTech Innovator