Charlotte, North Carolina – Okuma America hosts a Winter Showcase at its Charlotte, North Carolina, headquarters on Dec. 5 - 6, 2017. Included are a number of demonstrations by members of Okuma’s Partners in THINC, a consortium that brings together leading manufacturing technology companies to generate new ways to improve productivity and enhance the customer experience.
While Partners in THINC projects have long been a collaborative effort, the upcoming December event further empowered the individual participants to come up with their own goals for each of six (6) team projects. In the past, Okuma has set the direction for such undertakings.
Learn about another team project highlighting 5-axis machining without a 5-axis machining center - it combines Partners in THINC Hainbuch America, Kennametal, MP Systems, Lyndex-Nikken, Blaser Swisslube, and Siemens PLM.
However, for this event and going forward, Partners in THINC leader Wade Anderson explains, “I don’t want a project dictated by Okuma. I want to flip that around and have our Partners tell us what their exciting products are, and what opportunities they see to improve productivity and the overall customer experience. With this freedom, they can focus their expertise on the three pillars of success, Strategic Solutions, Strategic Thinking, and Strategic Innovation.”
Among the featured presentations is a collaborative team effort by 7 Partners in THINC companies nicknamed Team Dynamic. The team uses the latest technologies from each of the 7 companies to take full advantage of the Okuma MA-500HII HMC’s strengths, such as an oversized linear guide system, advanced motion controls that deliver high speed, dynamic machining, Okuma’s OSP control that provides PC modularity and the open system OSP Suite, and a highly stable platform with exceptional damping characteristics for the most demanding precision machining jobs.
Contributing Partners in THINC Partners on the team are:
- LNS America – SFcompact chip conveyor that handles virtually all kinds of chips and filters coolant to 50 microns; WS2 oil/coolant mist collector that exceeds OSHA & NIOSH requirements for removing oil/coolant mist, smoke, other fine aerosols, and particulates; and IIoT-enabling e-Connect digital communications system
- Blum-Novotest – Wireless 3D tool measuring probes for tool setting and tool breakage detection; automatic, in-process roughness measuring system
- Vero Software – Edgecam with multi-axis milling and mill/turn cutting strategies for complex parts
- Allied Machine & Engineering – Hole making Solutions including Gen3sys XT Pro high penetration drill, Accuthread Threadmilling, Accuport One, and 4TEX indexable drill line
- Koma Precision – Tsudakoma RBA-250K 5th axis rotary table with a cable management system that allows the rotary table to stay constantly connected through an automatic pallet change
- Tombstone City – Horizontal machining center tombstone
- Busche Workholding – Custom workholding solutions; rotary table baseplate
To see this collaboration and other advanced technology demonstrations, register to attend Okuma’s Winter Showcase by visiting www.okuma.com/americas.