Wibu-Systems’ CodeMeter cybersecurity with flexible software licensing
Edmonds, Washington – Wibu-Systems’ CodeMeter technology safeguards connected intelligent medical devices and embedded systems against potential vulnerabilities and security threats prevalent in today’s digital age.
Wibu-Systems will be exhibiting CodeMeter at MD&M West 2018 in booth #976.
Employing sophisticated encryption and authentication mechanisms, CodeMeter protects against intellectual property (IP) theft, counterfeiting, reverse engineering, and tampering. Integrity mechanisms protect software, firmware, and sensitive data from malicious activities. CodeMeter also provides a secure and versatile licensing system that enables new business models such as on-demand software-driven feature activation, pay-per-use billing, and secure field upgrades. CodeMeter easily integrates with existing back-office systems to automate license and entitlement management, thus reducing bottom line logistic and operational costs.
CodeMeter monetizes the IP of medical device manufacturers with an innovative, highly secure, and multi-purpose technology for software security and license management.
- Uniformity: one framework for multiple platforms that supports a plethora of license containers
- Comprehensiveness: one gateway to CRM, ERP, and e-commerce solutions
- Robustness: strong encryption that no hacking contest could break
- Simplicity: simple integration and transparent customization
- Uniqueness: one dongle for standalone and network scenarios available to multiple vendors at once
- Continuity: one patented technology “Made in Germany” for the global community since 1989
Global medical device manufacturers incorporate CodeMeter
Dentsply Sirona, the world’s largest manufacturer of professional dental solutions, employs CodeMeter to prevent reverse engineering of its proprietary software, safeguard its appliances from manipulation, and comply with directives from the MPG regulatory body. Additionally, CodeMeter’s flexible license management permits Sirona to customize their systems with software and license models that enable low entry-level prices for their customers.
custo-med, a leader in the medical diagnostic field, uses CodeMeter to implement complex and dynamic licensing models, manage instrument access rights, protect their software against tampering, and enable traceability of the systems for regulatory compliance.