TungForce-Rec modular heads
Tungaloy Corp.’s expansion to its TungMeister changeable-head endmill system includes a new line of modular heads for TungForce-Rec, the indexable miniature shoulder milling cutter series.
TungForce-Rec features a V-shaped insert, designed to avoid insert movement under high centrifugal force, while delivering machining reliability even when used at a high metal removal rate. The insert’s large rake angle ensures light cutting action, while the obtuse angled flank face of the insert strengthens the cutting edge and avoids chipping. The cutter body design allows for compact and sturdy pockets. A larger core diameter is retained in the given small tool diameter, making TungForce-Rec a miniature shoulder mill with rigidity for shouldering, slotting, 3D profiling, and other applications.
TungForce-Rec inserts feature a maximum 6mm (0.24") depth of cut and are available in three different grades for a wide range of materials. Tool diameters are available from ø8mm (0.32") to ø16mm (0.63").
Characterized by a highly rigid body structure and insert design, TungForce-Rec ensures reliable, high-precision miniature shoulder milling in a range of materials. The indexable endmill system features secure coupling with minimal bending at the flange and tapered shank contacts. Optimal tool shank selection is possible from the standard shank material lineup of cemented carbide, steel, and vibration damping pure tungsten.
- V-shaped insert for greater machining reliability
- Sharp cutting edge deliver light cutting action
- Robust cutting edge, chipping resistance from flank face geometry
- Wide range of applications from high cutter rigidity
- Maximum depth of cut: 6mm (0.24"); tool diameters available from ø8mm (0.32") to ø16mm (0.63")
- Three standard insert grades: AH3135, AH120, and KS05F
- TungForce-Rec shoulder mills available in the TungMeister modular heads