Komet Brinkhaus ToolScope monitoring system
ToolScope monitors and documents signals internal to the machine during the process, such as the torque of a spindle or the feed force of an axis. It also records results, such as tool changes or machine downtimes. In conjunction with knowledge of what are referred to as process identifiers – such as range, tool, batch number, etc., which are read from the control system – the software provides process-related or tool-related documentation illustrating the average and maximum tool life in the form of candlestick charts, for example. Potential savings on tool costs can be determined from this in conjunction with a table about reasons for tool changes.
Komet Brinkhaus has developed apps that are easy to license and activate – they can be called up on the user interface and provide various services. Download the ToolScope flyer to view the apps and various functions.
The Komet Brinkhaus ToolScope system is based on the latest technology in the field of process and machine monitoring. Using a patented method for statistical process monitoring, it is possible to monitor tool breakage and achieve significantly lower process deviations. The system provides a method for quality control in addition to the usual methods of process monitoring.
- Network of Komet Tool and process experts to support the operation of the system
- Online visualization of the process (oscilloscope function) to support the set-up procedure, e.g. in order to promptly detect the jamming of chips
- Six Sigma strategy: Statistical process verification and process quality monitoring
- Dynamic monitoring module: Process monitoring for small batch runs which alleviates the need for a learning period
- Adaptive Control (AC) module: Optimization of the essential operating time through process acceleration for tools that are underused, and speed reduction for tools that are overused
- Measuring without (additional) sensors: Data is read directly from the CNC via Profibus or TCP/IP
- Automatic documentation of the process data as a PDF, PNG, or Excel file
- Monitoring for tool wear, missing tool
- Monitoring of any, all sensor signals
- Evaluating analogue sensor signals with up to 10kHz
- Monitoring of the vibration behavior of bearings, axles, spindles, tools
- Operation via the machine control system HMI or using a touch screen
- Modular program structure enables optimal adjustment to customer needs
- Additional modules such as chatter recognition and control, condition monitoring, energy monitoring, and more
Source: Komet of America