RTP’s thermoplastic solutions for medical devices, equipment
RTP Company will showcase its thermoplastic pellets, sheet, and film products at the MD&M West exhibition in booth #1715. RTP’s customized thermoplastics are unique in that they can be formulated for color, strength, conductivity, wear resistance, elasticity, and/or flame retardancy. These thermoplastic compounds are developed, manufactured, and sold to injection molders, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), and extrusion companies who use them to create a wide range of plastic parts and components.
Highlighted this year will be “Thermoplas-Tips for Material Selection.” These 5-minute technical talks will be presented by RTP Company Senior Product Development Engineer Karl Hoppe, who will guide visitors through some important tips regarding thermoplastic material selection for medical devices, equipment, and components.
In addition, RTP engineers will be available to discuss the company’s broad range of thermoplastic offerings, with a special focus on:
- Enlightened solutions, a portfolio of thermoplastic compounds designed to reduce the weight of medical equipment and devices without sacrificing strength or performance.
- Structural compounds for mobile medical equipment that provide strength, durability, chemical resistance and aesthetic advantages for hospital beds, wheelchairs, and mobile equipment like ultrasound and diagnostic machines. Brochures regarding these compounds will be available at the show or by request on the company’s website.
- Color compounds for home and single-use devices that can be formulated with the ability to pass initial bio-compatibility testing, enhance branding opportunities, and be laser marked to meet FDA Unique Identification System regulations.
RTP Company experts will be available to answer your questions about material selection, discuss available technologies, and present an assortment of successful applications created from the company’s engineered thermoplastics.
What are the biggest challenges you see the medical device manufacturing industry facing in 2019?
- Ability to invest in technology
- Access to capital/credit/financing
- Changing regulatory environment
- Increased market competition
- New product development
- Pricing pressures
- Retaining/growing a skilled workforce