Takumi USA partners with 3D-Hybrid Solutions at IMTS 2018
Indianapolis, Indiana – Takumi USA will showcase 3D-Hybrid’s metal 3D printing tool at IMTS 2018. The result will be one of the largest and fastest metal 3D printers with full in-process machining capability, according to Karl F. Hranka, founder of 3D-Hybrid Solutions
With Takumi’s large double-column machining center and 3D-Hybrid’s economical Wire-Arc Additive tool, we will be breaking new ground in the market for a high precision, lower cost metal 3D Hybrid machining center, Hranka says.
Takumi USA: The Takumi H12 double-column machining center is the perfect platform to accept the integration of the additive process, due to the large work envelope and high-speed machining capabilities.
3D-hybrid: The demonstration will be focused on matching with the machine’s strengths for producing very large high precision parts found in the tooling, mold and die industries. Why Hybrid? Consolidating 3D-Hybrid’s Additive Manufacturing tool with a CNC machine is filled with value propositions:
- Single setup and in-process machining
- Simplified management structure and reduced learning curve
- Greatly reduced barrier to entry for metal AM
- Repair and salvage applications
- Just-in-time manufacturing, feeding wire to near net shape production
- Reduced material costs on large parts
- Multi-material parts
Production metal 3D printed parts require post machining to be joined to mating parts. 3D-Hybrid embraces that and is focused on evolving and advancing directed energy deposition technologies as 3D-tools for the CNC environment, Hranka says. The company offers three metal AM technologies for CNC machines: Wire-arc additive manufacturing, laser metal deposition and cold spray. Together these technologies can handle almost any metal AM application and alloy, Hranka says.
Visit Takumi USA and 3D-Hybrid Solutions at booth #338420 in the South Building (Level 3 – Metal Cutting) at McCormick Place for a demonstration schedule and to learn more about additive manufacturing.
- Table size: 59.1" x 37.8"
- Table load: 5,512 lb
- X-Y-Z travels: 53.2" x 37.4" x 23.6"
- X-Y-Z rapids: 1,181ipm (direct drive ball screws)
- Spindle taper: BIG PLUS 40
- Spindle: 15,000rpm (direct drive)
- Spindle: 20.1hp/24.8hp
- Spindle torque: 105.5 ft-lb
- ATC stations: 30
- Machine weight: 28,600 lb
What are the biggest challenges you see the medical device manufacturing industry facing in 2019?
- Ability to invest in technology
- Access to capital/credit/financing
- Changing regulatory environment
- Increased market competition
- New product development
- Pricing pressures
- Retaining/growing a skilled workforce