Mitutoyo America Corporation has expanded its Custom Solutions offerings, now offering end-to-end solutions for all its customers’ needs and the ability to customize products and advanced technology for specific applications.
Custom Solutions engineers offer a variety of services and capabilities including sensor customization and inline inspection, designing and building custom fixtures, sensors, part loading/holding systems, optics, algorithms, firmware, user software, and fully-automated, closed-loop solutions to incorporate precision measurement and inspection into a company’s manufacturing process. Additionally, Custom Solutions offers custom calibration with the broadest scope commercial lab available in the United States, providing the highest accuracy and lowest measurement uncertainty for custom equipment.
Customers interested in an evaluation will participate in a five-step process with a Mitutoyo Custom Solutions Engineer to determine how to best integrate the right approach:
- Discover – An experienced Mitutoyo Custom Solutions Engineer evaluates specific business measuring and quality needs and manufacturing applications
- Define – Existing Mitutoyo products, algorithms and software are identified (along with non-Mitutoyo parts if necessary) to best suit a businesses’ needs and set requirements and specifications for custom equipment
- Develop – The team constructs the custom mechanical components, optical and electrical components, and optimized embedded software and firmware elements, providing 3D CAD drawings or prototypes as a proof of concept
- Deliver – Custom Solutions Group installs and integrates a tailor-made solution into the customer’s facility and existing production process
- Support – The team provides continuous support once the custom solution is implemented, including training, troubleshooting to calibration and ongoing service
Currently, Mitutoyo has nine Custom Solutions Centers located throughout the United States.