Rotation Medical Inc. has completed a $12 million Series B extension financing. Existing investors – New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Life Sciences Partners (LSP), and Pappas Ventures – participated in the financing: $8 million initially and $4 million in 2017. The company intends to use the proceeds for U.S. commercialization of the Rotation Medical rotator cuff system – a proprietary bioinductive implant and disposable instruments that allow easy and quick arthroscopic procedures.
“Since launching our Rotation Medical rotator cuff system in fall 2014, we’ve experienced rapid growth and very positive momentum,” says Martha Shadan, president and CEO of Rotation Medical. “This additional investment in our company will allow us to expand our U.S. presence and continue to support the tremendous physician adoption we have experienced thus far.” www.rotationmedical.com
Advancement in laser eye surgery wins FDA approval
The Medical Technology Business Group of Zeiss announces the U.S. introduction of the VisuMax Small Incision Lenticule Extraction (SMILE) procedure, the latest in refractive surgery for the correction of myopia.
The flapless SMILE procedure requires only one laser to perform the entire treatment. The outer corneal layer remains largely intact, contributing to the eye’s biomechanical and refractive stability and fast visual recovery. Zeiss is also conducting an investigational device exemption (IDE) trial in the U.S. on astigmatic myopia to broaden the spectrum of SMILE for more patients. www.zeiss.com/med
Explore the January February 2017 Issue
Check out more from this issue and find you next story to read.
Latest from Today's Medical Developments
- #7 Manufacturing Matters: Smart Manufacturing with Advanced Machine Tools
- Sandvik acquires PMT Premier Machine Tools Limited
- Celera Motion’s Denali Series ultra-fast servo drives
- Datanomix, Hexagon: real-time factory analytics to industrial manufacturers worldwide
- Two spindle machining of a bone plate
- COVID-19 accelerates scientific advancements in other areas
- DMG MORI Manufacturing USA solar panel system update
- Webinar - What to know about automation