MPU 100 polymer resin for medical applications
Carbon’s first medical-grade material – Medical Polyurethane 100 (MPU 100) – is a white polymer resin provides an unparalleled combination of mechanical strength, biocompatibility and sterilizability, making it optimally designed for components of medical systems, skin-contact devices, drug-contact devices, and single-use medical device applications.
With the growing need for medical tools that are easy to produce, versatile, strong, and durable enough to withstand demanding medical environments, MPU 100 offers an advanced solution for producing end-use parts such as complex adaptors for diagnostic analysis systems, textured instrument handles, single use instruments, and bioprocessing components. Each of these applications brings distinct manufacturing opportunities, such as targeting better user experiences with complex geometries and textured surfaces, consolidating multi-part assemblies into one printed part, and pursuing a more customized portfolio with low-volume, high-mix part production.
By combining the high performance of MPU 100 with Carbon’s Digital Light Synthesis technology, medical device manufacturers and life sciences companies can accelerate product development pathways for critical devices and components.
Key features of MPU 100 include:
- Engineering-grade material with excellent abrasion resistance
- Tested to USP VI and ISO 10993-5 and -10 biocompatibility
- Compatible with ethylene oxide, e-beam, gamma sterilization methods
- Maintains its biocompatibility post-sterilization
- Compatible with common disinfectants
- Certificate of Analysis available
- Master file available with FDA
What are the biggest challenges you see the medical device manufacturing industry facing in 2019?
- Ability to invest in technology
- Access to capital/credit/financing
- Changing regulatory environment
- Increased market competition
- New product development
- Pricing pressures
- Retaining/growing a skilled workforce