The new Everest S, the latest addition to the popular Everest Series, is about 30% smaller than its predecessor, making it the world’s smallest servo drive. It’s also the fastest: The EtherCAT and CANopen versions deliver bus latency reduced to 1 cycle, making Everest S the fastest servo drive on the market today.
The Everest S includes all the best features of other Everest servo drives – plus it now also includes Dual BiSS-C feedback support, a highly sought-after feature. And because it combines 16-bit differential current and four configurable ranges, Everest S delivers flawless resolution and is ideal for virtually any market application.
“We’re excited to introduce the Everest S to meet the growing demand for smaller, faster servo drives that provide more space for applications and even better performance,” says Marc Vila, director of strategy & business development for Celera Motion. “Our goal is to give product designers as much freedom and flexibility as possible, and the Everest S delivers that and more.”
Designed with 3kW of power and a starting weight of just 18g, the Everest S is ideal for applications such as surgical robots, exoskeletons, Pan Tilt gimbals, collaborative robots, legged robots, and autonomous mobile robots.
The Everest S offers several advantages, including:
- Best-in-class motion-control performance, efficiency, and integration capabilities
- An optimized hardware architecture that allows for high-speed communication protocols with minimum latency
- A current loop running at 50kHz and a velocity loop at 25kHz, guaranteeing optimal performance for motors
- An ultra-compact design with an extremely low profile and a lightweight design
- Multiple integration options and superior power management
- The latest motion-control software with a user-friendly configuration wizard and diagnostics
High-speed SPI bus communication is available for optimized EtherCAT/CANopen multi-axis architectures. Everest S also has been designed to meet industrial functional safety standards to ensure continuous safe operation.
Everest S is the latest version of Summit Servo Drives Series. Others include the Capitan Series and the Denali Series.