Emuge’s Slim Line chucks for 5-axis milling
Emuge Corp. has expanded its line of FPC milling/drilling chucks products to include Slim Line models designed to enhance 5-axis machining productivity and versatility. Available in the 1/8" to 9/16" (2mm to 14mm) size range (FPC14), the compact, slim design with tapered shape enables easier access to the work, especially in confined areas and for challenging angles.
Featuring the world's only chuck with a 1:16 worm gear, the Emuge FPC chuck's design delivers three tons of traction force. The design and body provide 100% holding power for maximum rigidity, and the collet-cone assembly absorbs virtually all vibration for maximum dampening.
- High transferable torque provides maximum process reliability; transferred torque on a tool shank diameter of 20mm is 400Nm
- Increased accuracy with a 3xD tool length; concentricity is ≤3µm for long tool life, quality workpiece surface finishes
- Mechanical drive-actuated chuck with hex wrench; simple design enables quick tool changes in seconds
- Holder design reduces vibration, improves workpiece surface finishes, provides long tool life
- Strong clamping force to prevent pull-out
In a speed comparison with four chuck technologies, using a 20mm end mill in the same material, the Emuge FPC chuck enabled the feed rate to be increased by 30% with no loss in performance.
Emuge FPC chucks are available in five shank styles (CAT, HSK-A, SK, BT, and PSC) in 68 different SKUs for a range of applications. A full range of high precision collets and accessories are also available for the FPC line. Emuge FPC collets are available in three size ranges (FPC 14, FPC 20, and FPC 25) in more than 110 different SKUs, from 1/8" to 1-1/4" and in metric from 2mm to 32mm.