PMD’s ICs provide advanced velocity control of servo motors
Availability of Juno Velocity Control ICs, new members of PMD's Juno Motion IC family providing advanced velocity control of 3-phase Brushless DC and DC Brush motors. Juno Velocity Control ICs represent a price to performance breakthrough with features such as PI (proportional, integral) velocity loop control, programmable velocity estimation, dual biquad filtering, shunt regulation, deadband filtering, FOC (Field Oriented Control), and more, yet being offered for $23 in quantity.
Juno Velocity Control ICs are ideal for a wide variety of applications including spindle control, centrifuges, peristaltic pumps, laboratory automation, packaging automation and more. They are available in a 64-pin TQFP package measuring 12mm x 12mm and operate at 3.3V.
Features and benefits of Juno Velocity Control ICs include.
- 3-phase Brushless DC and DC Brush control
- Cascaded velocity loop, current loop control
- Field oriented control
- High/low switching bridge amplifier control signals
- Leg current sensing for minimum noise
- Torque mapping
- Performance trace with filtering enables adaptive control
- Long term motor & gear train performance monitoring