Wilson universal hardness tester
Lake Bluff, Illinois – Buehler’s latest addition to the Wilson hardness testing range is the UH4000 series universal hardness tester. It comes in two key configurations: UH4250 hardness scale 0.5-250kgf and UH4750 hardness scale 3-750kgf. The Wilson UH4000 series tests include Rockwell, Vickers, Knoop, and Brinell hardness scales within the selected tester load range. Its sturdy design withstands the toughest of production laboratories.
The UH4000 tester has a steel casting frame to ensure durability in factory or workshop environments. The hardness test process is controlled by the industry leading DiaMet software, the most intuitive hardness control software on the market to make testing easy, repeatable, and automatic. With this software integration, it is an ideal tester in QC and process control applications, whether it tests large or small manufactured components in the lab or directly on the production floor.
The testers feature a closed loop loading cycle for best accuracy, faster testing cycles and an 8-position turret to hold indenters and objectives. It has a large 300mm x 400mm T-slot stage with high weight capacity, to enable the testing of heavy and large parts nondestructively. Other features include:
- Small parts can be handled with precision by using the anvil adapter/extension and the 80mm flat anvil, or other anvils with a 25mm diameter anvil pin
- Clamping device can be activated, deactivated by the software, depending on the need
- Ring light for accuracy in Brinell measurements improves overall repeatability of soft Brinell indents
- Motorized vertical stage movement is automatic or can be moved with a safety clutched mechanical handle
- Red target laser cross and the workspace illumination features
- Automate Rockwell "fast mode" using the clamping device on sample