OmniSurf3D for surface texture visualization, analysis
OmniSurf3D, software for 3D surface texture visualization and analysis, provides a suite of three-dimensional surface analysis tools that can be quickly mastered by non-metrology experts as well as advanced users.
OmniSurf3D software package's streamlined interface puts all basic settings in one place:
- Preprocessing to account for missing pixels, outliers, etc.
- Several common reference Geometries for removing overall shape to reveal the surface texture
- Filtering to highlight large-scale waviness or fine-scale roughness
- Dozens of ISO and custom parameters to describe the most critical aspects of the surface
With a strong set of quantitative as well as qualitative measurement tools, advanced users can zoom on a region of interest; rotate, apply, and position cross-sectioning tools in real-time; and interactively alter filter parameters. The software can import datasets from all common metrology systems and software, including the SDF and X3P formats. Advanced functions include ISO 25178 feature-detection (Wolf Pruning) to define hills, dales, pits, peaks, saddles, ridge lines, and course lines.
What are the biggest challenges you see the medical device manufacturing industry facing in 2019?
- Ability to invest in technology
- Access to capital/credit/financing
- Changing regulatory environment
- Increased market competition
- New product development
- Pricing pressures
- Retaining/growing a skilled workforce