Rollomatic’s LaserSmart510 Femto
Rollomatic maintains its leadership position in the field of laser cutting ultra-hard materials by announcing the launch of a femto-second laser cutting machine for PCD (polycrystalline diamond) and other ultra-hard materials.
The LaserSmart510 Femto with its innovative and powerful femto-second laser source provides unlimited machining possibilities. This laser source has a femto-second pulse width which is 1,000 shorter than a pico laser. Built on the success of the Rollomatic LaserSmart series of machines, the process allows users to achieve the results that set new standards in ultra-hard material machining.
This new LaserSmart model is the world’s only femto-second laser cutting machine for PCD and other ultra-hard materials.
- Never seen before in the cutting tool industry.
- Achieves surface finishes as low as Ra 40 nanometers.
- Produces crisper and sharper cutting edges compared to conventional laser machines.
- Specifically improves finishes on 3D machining of drills and endmills.
- 30% faster feedrates compared to conventional laser machines.
- The pulse width on a femto-second laser is 1,000 times faster than a pico lasers.
- 3D machining, profile cutting, cylindrical margins, chip breakers, fluting and more.
- Also suitable for ceramics, carbide, sapphire, glass, or other ultra-hard materials.
- The machine adapts the machining process automatically to the type of material.