Strausak’s Model One tool & cutter grinding machine
Strausak extends its global position in the field of multi-axis CNC grinding by launching the brand-new model ONE 5-axis flexible tool & cutter grinding machine with Numroto tool design software for the grinding of rotary and stationary cutting tools in small and large batch production, for custom cutting tools as well as for resharpening.
This model has been designed so that any options can be upgraded and retrofitted at any time during the life of the machine.
Thermal stability and Cpk process capability index
The thermal stability is exceptionally high due to an innovative machine design and a rigid 5-axis configuration. Field tests have demonstrated an unusually high Cpk process capability. This is of particular importance when grinding short-run custom tooling where accuracy and “first-tool-good” are critical.
Linear motion technology is included in this machine which ensures outstanding surface finishes both on radius and other primary reliefs as well as flute finish. Linear motors also reduce the footprint of the machine.
Synchronous grinding spindle
The highly efficient synchronous spindle, running at max. 40% power draw or less, does not release any heat into the machine or into the grinding process. This greatly helps with a consistent grinding process and keeping the thermal stability.
This software platform offers the user high-performance tool design and intuitive programming for an unlimited range of applications.
This machine presents the smallest possible footprint among any tool grinder with a 32mm (1.25”) capacity, without any compromise in rigidity, sturdiness and power for production grinding.
Strausak produces scalable and modular grinding equipment
Any option can be retrofitted on site after delivery to help the owner to stay competitive in a dynamic and unpredictable environment.
These are some of these scalable options:
- Upgrade to 32hp synchronous grinding spindle
- Upgrade to 8-position or 12-position wheel changer
- Upgrade to 8-position collet sleeve changer
- Pick-and-place loader with Rollomatic cassette systems
- High-speed Staubli robot with Rollomatic cassette systems
- Automatic cassette magazine to extend the autonomous production grinding
- Wide range of collets and adjustable clamping systems
- V-block shank guidance
- Retractable tool support, traveling steady rest, Arobotec steady rest
- Manual and automatic tailstock
- High-speed spindle with 3-position automatic grinding pin changer
- Onboard wheel dressing
- Automatic wheel sticking
Included in the machine are some of the following options:
- 4-position automatic wheel changer
- Tool probing
- Wheel probing
- Quick-change collet system
- Ergonomic design of control panel with vertical height adjustment