Tsugami-Rem Sales’ Tsugami SS327-III-5AX
The Tsugami SS327-III-5AX, 32mm, B-axis, chucker-convertible Swiss CNC lathe allows for the cutting of complex parts, complete in a single setup, while applying the capability for through hole thread whirling or high-speed spindles for small surfacing end mills. The B-axis contains live tools (four front, two rear) which can machine in coordination with the C-axis, delivering the ability to cut precise angles and sculpted contours. B-axis functionality transforms this Swiss type lathe into a multitasking turning center that can drill, tap, and end mill any angle.
The modular tool zone makes it easy to change cartridge-type live cross and face tools on the B-axis and the sub side, decreasing changeover time. Multiple angle cuts by the same tool also decrease the total number of tools required.
Enhancements to the Tsugami SS327-III-5AX include larger linear guides, increased ribs in the base casting, a 4GB data server, thermal displacement compensation sensors throughout, and 3 toggle clamping system.
- 7-axis machining, simultaneous 4-axis & 5-axis machining (with CAD/CAM)
- Servo-driven, modular B-axis tool spindle can machine virtually any angle – drilling, tapping, end milling
- B-axis live tools (four front, two rear) create sculpted shapes
- Mutual tool use for different angles via B-axis control
- Modular tool zone, cartridge type live face tools on the sub spindle side and B-axis
- Large linear guides
- 3 toggle clamping system
- Thermal displacement compensation
- 4GB data server
- Fanuc 31i-B5