Tungaloy is introducing ReamMeister, an interchangeable head reamer system for holes in an H7 diameter tolerance range. The ReamMeister tools meet the requirements of high accuracy reaming because the head geometry’s diameter and runout accuracy is strictly controlled when being finished by precise grinding and the taper-and-face contact connection guarantees high concentricity within very close limits.
The reamer is easy-to-operate with its unique connection screw that allows the head to be quickly replaced with a simple rotation of the head with a dedicated key. The head can be indexed and replaced while still mounted in the machine or arbor with virtually zero setup time.
Two styles of reamer heads are available:
- AS style head suited for reaming various hole types and materials
- BL style features left-handed flutes that push chips forward immediately after formation, making it ideal for through hole reaming.
Both reaming heads are PVD coated allowing reaming applications at high speeds with prolonged tool life, which was not possible with traditional brazed or non-coated solid counterparts.
ReamMeister brings economic benefits to customers by boosting productivity and extending tool life with virtually zero tool setup time.
At a Glance
- 11.5mm to 32.0mm dia. range
- Length-to-diameter ratios: 1.5D, 3D, 5D, 8D
- Taper, face contact of the head & shank delivers high indexing accuracy
- Connection screw, dedicated key for quick, easy head replacement
- Coated reaming heads, optimal cutting edge geometry for high speed reaming